Full time – 35 hours per week
Part time – 17.5 hours per week
We are advertising for a care company who not only provides Domiciliary Care, but also provides supported living within their client’s home, and if required, Community Access so the client can lead a full and active life if they wish.
Care Coordinator – Role Overview:
- Working as part of the team
- On call one week on / one week off basis, rotate bank holidays
- Setting up and overseeing care and support packages
- Ensuring adequate cover is available for sickness, absenteeism or holidays
- Monitoring individual services and staff performance
- Assisting the manager in covering the staff rota and providing cover yourself where needed even if outside of office hours
- Attending and facilitating team meetings
- Supervising community based staff who provide support and personal care to individuals with a range of care and support needs
- Any other duties as deemed necessary by the business
Essential skills and qualities:
- Demonstrate a can do attitude and flexible approach
- Good leadership skills
- Excellent interpersonal and administration skills
- Ability to prioritise and manage own workload in a high pressure setting
- Ability to listen to their clients and act upon their requests
- Ability to manage your own team of support workers
- Driving essential with clean license
- Ability to write up assessments and support plans, fully involving their clients
This post is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Our client is an equal opportunities employer.