Class 1 HGV Driver
£32,140 per annum (£630 per week) plus overtime after 11 hours at £11p/h
Permanent, Full time
Our client in Dagenham are looking for a Class 1 HGV Drivers to join their team
The trucks available are all automatic Volvo tractor units with I-Shift gearboxes (2010 or newer).
The work is consistent i.e. it is a full time, permanent job, Monday to Friday.
Class 1 HGV Driver – Job description:
This role involves short to medium length drops, dropping and swapping the customers trailers, keeping on top of customers’ requirements, communicating clearly and in appropriate time, managing your driver’s hours and complying with the laws set out by the DVSA are all essential parts of this job.
Class 1 HGV Driver – Outline of the work:
- This work involves 1 – 2 nights out per week, they will inform you day before if they want you out. Most drivers keep and overnight bag in their lorry to accommodate this
- 6 am start times for the week from Dagenham, unless you have nighted out
- You would drive into their depot, park your car securely and head up to the office to collect your work, do your vehicle checks, check your load matches the paperwork you have received for the day and then proceed to carry out your days’ work
- You will be working directly for the customer, on contract. They would be your contact point for all operational work, however our client would be your point of contact should you have any issues with the truck or what the customer is asking of you
- You would be employed and paid by our client and have full access to their facilities and in-house workshop for rectifying any defects
- Pay is weekly
- 20 days holiday plus bank holidays per year
- A pension plan is optional with your employment
- All drivers must fill up their ad-blue and diesel at their depots at the end of the week
Our client looks after their trucks and expects you to do the same. Safe and fuel-efficient driving is rewarded as is care of your truck, either with monetary bonuses or in the form of a newer truck when the fleet is updated!
Lastly, they are a family run company and proud of this, they have a more personal feel to their business and look after their staff.