Class 2 HGV Driver 7.5 Tonne
£24,000 to £28,000 per annum
Permanent, Full Time
Our client in Basildon are looking for a Class 2 HGV Driver to join their team
Due to the nature of 7.5 tonners you will likely be directed into London on a regular basis and therefore good London knowledge is essential.
The trucks available are DAFs. The work is consistent i.e. it is a full time, permanent job with weekly pay and your own allocated truck
Class 2 HGV Driver 7.5 Tonne – Job description:
This role involves palletised work, doing multiple drops per day to commercial premises across Essex, Kent, London and other areas in the South East.
Of a morning you would be expected to put your card in, do your walk round checks, go up to the office to get your consignments for the day, then head down to your allocated bay in the warehouse, check your load against the consignment notes, secure the load as necessary and then commence driving.
They give training where necessary to familiarise you with the role and bed you into the job.
These roles are quite independent and are ideal for driver’s that like to think for themselves.
Class 2 HGV Driver 7.5 Tonne – Outline of the work:
- Each day is based on 11 hours, some days you may work 8-9 hours obviously this is to your benefit, however if you work over 11 hours you get paid overtime
- This role is based on a 55-hour week with 5-7am starts, Mon-Fri with no nights out
- If you come back to depot after completing your run and the customer asks you to do something further within your 11 hours, you will be expected to carry out this work - this isn't regular but worth mentioning
- The customers try and route you to the same areas as much as possible so that you get to know the customers and the quickest routes
- This role involves working directly for their customers, on contract. They will be your point of contact for all operational work, however our client would be your point of contact should you have any issues with the truck or what the customer is asking of you.
- Pay is weekly
- 20 days holiday plus bank holidays per year
- A pension plan is optional with your employment