My Client is the original equipment manufacturer of the renowned brand of woodchippers and shredders, it is a family owned Design and Manufacturing business with 30 years of heritage. Employing over 50 people at its manufacturing facility in Stowmarket, Suffolk the business has grown significantly in recent years through its passion for its products and a desire to be innovative, achieving an annual turnover of £12m. As an OEM the business has a core engineering team with talented design & manufacturing engineers and is currently seeking a strong and passionate Project Engineer to strengthen its team as the business continues to grow.
Reporting to the Design Engineering Supervisor, the successful candidate will be tasked with all engineering aspects of the existing Timberwolf range of machinery. Such duties will include but not limited to completion of engineering change requests which include creation of drawings, creating and maintaining bill of materials, design and implementation of new products, production of technical specifications and drawings to professional quality, such as GA’s, pipework runs, flow diagrams, etc. using Solidworks.
The role requires strong individual who can handle a multidiscipline of tasks and prioritize accordingly, it requires a competent and skilled individual who can manage a heavy workload.
Key Role Responsibilities:
- Completion of Engineering change requests
- Creation and maintaining of development BOM’s/ trackers
- Design and implementation of new products into existing range of machines
- Production of all technical spec’s and detailed drawings
- Creation of parts on the MRP system.
- Full engineering control of part revision and BOM revision. Documentation requirements for all parts added to drawings/ system Engineering support for all areas of the business
- Supporting and maintaining existing product range.
- Assisting with the production of technical file for CE marking new and existing product
- All other files required or documentation for directive or legislative requirements.
- Ensure tasks are completed to deadlines.
- Background in Mechanical/Electrical Engineering or other appropriate discipline.
- Experience of 3D CAD systems (Solidworks).
- Solid understanding of geometric dimensioning and tolerances
- IT literate - excel/word/3D CAD/ERP. Attributes
- Able to handle multiple projects/ tasks
- Decision maker
- Problem Solver.
- Keen attention to detail
- Well organised & a good communicator.
- Work well within a team
- A drive to improve and do things better.
- A willingness to roll your sleeves up and muck in.
- Confidence and the ability to work well under pressure.
- HNC/HND qualified in appropriate discipline.
- Experience or Qualification in Solidworks.
- Experienced working within engineering.
- 21 days plus bank holidays annual leave Company Pension Bi monthly non-contractual profit share scheme