Job title: UK Environmental Manager
Location: Ellesmere Port, Cheshire
Job type: Full time, Permanent
Benefits: Competitive pension scheme, inclusion into Car programme, attractive bonus and discounts with affiliated partners
Our client is the only car manufacturer to have consistently produced cars in the UK for over one hundred years. A job with them could not only provide a sustainable career, but an opportunity for you to develop your skills amongst forward-thinking technology and people.
This company is not only a leading brand in the automotive industry but is also known and awarded as one of Britain’s top employers. They are looking for a qualified and experienced UK Environmental Manager to join the team in Ellesmere Port, Cheshire.
Are you an experienced Environmental Advisor or Manager who is looking for a new challenge or an opportunity to be part of a well-known British brand? If so, this UK Environmental Manager position could be for you.
Job description for UK Environmental Manager
You will manage and ensure both UK plants (Luton Plant and Ellesmere Port) are achieving their environmental commitments.
This role involves managing the day-to-day activities of the environmental team, maintaining the Plant’s ISO 14001 certification, complying with all applicable environmental legislation and permit conditions, managing the development and implementation of key environmental procedures and programmes, and liaising with business units and staff at all levels to provide technical support and advice.
Requirements for UK Environmental Manager
- Degree level in a relevant environmental or technical subject
- Strong experience working in an environmental management role within a large, diverse operation with multiple environmental issues
- Strong organisational, planning and time management skills, able to advise multiple projects simultaneously without compromising on standards and quality
- Excellent communication, negotiation and diplomacy skills
- Ability to work independently, make decisions and solve problems with minimal oversight
- Strong analytical capabilities
- Knowledge of current environmental regulations impacting manufacturing
- Experience of implementing, maintaining and auditing environmental management systems in line with the requirements of ISO 14001
- Membership of an Environmental professional body (IEMA, CIWM or equivalent)
- A good working knowledge of automotive manufacturing processes
What this company offers
- Competitive Salary
- Eligibility to join Employee Car Scheme vehicles
- Highly competitive stakeholder pension
- Comprehensive benefits package
Our client is an equal opportunity employer.