UK Environmental Manager
£Competitive Salary Package
Permanent, Full Time
Our client is the only car manufacturer to have consistently produced cars in the UK for over one hundred years. Whilst their roots in the early days of automotive development give them plenty to celebrate, their success has always been founded on their forward thinking philosophy and drive for excellence. A job with our client could not only provide a sustainable career, but an opportunity for you to develop your skills amongst forward-thinking technology and people.
They are not only a leading brand in the automotive industry but are also known and awarded as one of Britain’s top employers.
What YOU can expect:
This UK Environmental Manager will manage and ensure both UK plants (Luton Plant and Ellesmere Port) in achieving its environmental commitments. Responsibilities include maintaining the Plant’s ISO 14001 certification, complying with all applicable environmental legislation and permit conditions, ensuring conformance with corporate environmental performance criteria and managing the day-to-day activities of the environmental team.
Other Key responsibilities include:
- Ensure the Plant complies with all applicable environmental legislation and corporate requirements, including the development and maintenance of environmental monitoring and reporting programmes, in line with the Plant’s environmental permits
- Support the Plant’s Environmental Management System (EMS) to maintain ISO 14001 certification
- Lead and Conduct audits to evaluate compliance with applicable requirements, including corporate environmental performance criteria and identify opportunities for continuous improvement
- Manage the development and implementation of key environmental procedures and programmes
- Liaise with business units and staff at all levels and provide technical support and advice
What THEY expect:
A successful UK Environmental Manager should have the following competencies and experience:
- Degree level in a relevant environmental or technical subject
- Strong experience working in an environmental management role within a large, diverse operation with multiple environmental issues
- Strong organisational, planning and time management skills, able to advise multiple projects simultaneously without compromising on standards and quality
- Excellent communication, negotiation and diplomacy skills
- Ability to work independently, make decisions and solve problems with minimal oversight
- Strong analytical capabilities
- Knowledge of current environmental regulations impacting manufacturing
- Experience of implementing, maintaining and auditing environmental management systems in line with the requirements of ISO 14001
- Membership of an Environmental professional body (IEMA, CIWM or equivalent)
- A good working knowledge of automotive manufacturing processes
What THEY offer:
A career with them offers everything you would expect and more –
- Competitive Salary
- Eligibility to join Employee Car Scheme vehicles
- Highly competitive stakeholder pension
- Comprehensive benefits package
Our client, a brand of Groupe PSA is an equal opportunity employer.