Financial Accounting Manager
Permanent, Full Time
Our client in Coventry are currently hiring a Financial Accounting Manager
About the company:
We are advertising for a company who design unique automotive experiences and deliver mobility solutions to meet all client expectations. Known as one of the automotive leaders in the European market, our client have five car brands, Peugeot, Citroën, DS, Opel and Vauxhall, as well as a wide array of mobility and smart services under its Free2Move brand, aiming to become a great car maker and the preferred mobility provider.
Their strategy for 2016 to 2021 aims to make the Group a global car manufacturer on the cutting edge of efficiency and a provider of mobility services favored by its customers. Driven by the ‘Push to Pass’ profitable organic growth plan, this strategy is underpinned by three levers; the digital transformation of the Group, the internal performance culture and corporate social responsibility.
What our client seek:
We are currently looking for a Financial Accounting Manager for our Netherlands group.
As a Financial Accounting Manager, you will be responsible for managing and controlling the financial ledgers, the preparation and submission of the Group’s monthly reporting of the financial results and monthly cash flow forecasting, and the preparation of the annual Statutory accounts and other Statutory returns for Citroen Netherlands, Peugeot Netherlands, and PSA Retail Netherlands.
Other key responsibilities include:
- Managing the monthly accounts of CNL, PNE and PSAR NL, ensuring that all balance sheet accounts are correctly and accurately reconciled in view of the monthly transmission of accounts to France in accordance with Group timetables.
- Ensuring and controlling that all departments within CNL, PNE and PSAR NL understand and comply with the PSA Group accounting standards and norms.
- Working closely with the DFNE NL Satellite team in Amsterdam to support both teams and assist in the achievement of both DFNE teams objectives.
- Preparing and circulating all detailed monthly accounting and other financial information for CNL, PNE and PSAR NL in a format suitable for understanding by all departments.
- Managing and controlling the monthly and annual accounts closing procedure for the accounting system and to liaise with France concerning the timing of accounting periods.
- Co-ordinating formal monthly meetings between DFNE and CNL, PNE, and PSAR NL, to review the monthly accounts, accounts closing procedure, accounting queries, latest budgets and forecasts and any other relevant financial information.
- Collating and interpreting information acquired from numerous divisions within the group both locally and in France to produce detailed monthly cash flow forecasts.
- Analysing actual monthly cash movements from the monthly accounts in order to compare and explain variances against forecasts at a detailed level.
- Preparing the annual Dutch statutory accounts, taxation information and other statutory government returns.
What Our Client Expect:
A successful Financial Accounting Manager should have the following competencies and experience:
- Highly experienced and proficient in double entry bookkeeping, and ideally have experience in a similar finance function. The accounting will be in Euro’s, and it will be necessary to become familiar and proficient in local Dutch market financial characteristics.
- With Professional Accounting Qualifications such as Chartered, Certified or CIMA.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications and a working knowledge of SAP would be useful but is not absolutely essential.
- Previous experience in a management role is highly desirable, as well as a good understanding of the automotive industry, in particular the PSA Group.
- Highly numerate and comfortable working with both an analytical and a team approach to problem solving, working accurately and effectively under severe time pressure.
- Self-motivated with drive and ambition, with the ability to work independently.
- Strong organisation and prioritisation skills, so they can adapt to change quickly, as well as having the ability to be influential with Senior Management and colleagues on a regular basis.
What They Offer:
A career with our client offers everything you would expect and more.
- Competitive Salary
- Eligibility to join Employee Car Scheme vehicles
- Highly competitive stakeholder pension
- Private medical cover
- Comprehensive benefits package
They are an equal opportunity employer.