Control Panel Fitter/Wireman - Watton, Norfolk, 21-22.3k
Global Engineering company requires a Fitter Wireman.
To perform the functions of fitting and wiring in accordance with the relevant standards and any other standards which may apply to these functions.
Fitting and assembly of control panels:
- Marking out of back-plate and door by cross referencing GA, label diagrams, product specification sheets and any other supporting information.
- Fitting of trunking and din rail to affix back-plate components. Ensure all items are fitted to the highest standards using the correct fixings and able to pass stringent QC checks.
- Construct multiple bayed-enclosures using the manufacturer's standard assembly fixings and accessories. Ensure all enclosures have associated gaskets to comply with the relevant IP rating.
- Manufacture of copper-work for power and earth systems to IEC 61439.
- Install door components and associated door labels, to ensure all labels and nameplates are straight and level. Affix support rails in readiness for wiring.
- Fit completed doors to enclosures and install MCCB/Isolator handles
Wiring of doors and back-plates
- Wire back-plate and door control cables in accordance to the wiring schematics and data information sheet. Ensure the correct cable crimps/ferrules are fitted and all cables are marked up with cable identification.
- Install mains power cables ensuring the cable and cable lugs are of the right size and type and are correctly identified.
- Fit power cables to components and tighten to the specified torque setting making sure torque paint is fitted and witnessed by a suitable employee.
- Install earth cables throughout the enclosure to the earth bar ensuring all removable covers are connected.
- Produce heat-shrink wire markers and components labels using dedicated printing machines.