Floating Peer Support Coordinator
£26,500 per annum
Permanent, Full Time
Our client in Kent are currently hiring a Floating Peer Support Coordinator
About the Company:
We are advertising for a social enterprise that empowers people to break the cycle of crime or addiction to move forward with their lives.
They currently have an exciting opportunity for a Floating Peer Support Coordinator working across their Kent Prisons services including HMP Maidstone, Rochester and East Sutton Park.
Floating Peer Support Coordinator — Job description:
Working alongside their successful teams of Drug and Alcohol Practitioners and Health Professionals you will be providing training and supervision to clients to become Peer supporters.
Floating Peer Support Coordinator — Role Responsibilities:
- The successful candidate will be required to work flexibly across those units, working closely with the Drug and Alcohol Practitioners to coordinate Peer Support across the different teams.
- You will be responsible for assessing the work Peers complete towards their NVQ level 2 qualification.
- This is a new role within the service and so will be an opportunity for you to also take the lead in continually improving and developing the role of Peer supporters according to the needs of each individual service.
- Co-operative working relationships with Service Managers and Drug and Alcohol Practitioners is vital to this role
- You will play a key role in adopting a whole team approach towards ensuring that the Peers are developed to their full potential and thus contributing to the outcomes for each service.
- The successful candidate will be results and outcome-orientated with knowledge of the criminal justice sector.
- This is a career-enhancing opportunity for a self-motivated individual.
What they offer you:
They offer an excellent benefits package including:
- Simply Health coverage
- Competitive annual leave entitlements
- A contributory pension scheme
- They also support employees to achieve both professional and personal development
Our client is committed to equality of opportunity and select candidates based their abilities and skills and nothing else. They are dedicated to enhancing the diverse profile of the organisation to reflect the communities within which they work.