HGV CE Drivers
£33,000 per annum plus bonuses and Pension. Compliance £5,200 per annum
Nights out are required – Paid at £25 per night
All contracts are permanent once probation period is completed.
About the company:
We are advertising for a company who are a family run business that have over 10 year experience in the haulage industry providing the most comprehensive range of distribution services.
They work in the bulk sector delivering out of powder tankers and 30bib containers.
Due to expansion our client are now hiring HGV CE Drivers in the Colchester area. Nights out are required.
HGV CE Driver - Job description:
The main purpose of the position is to ensure that services are carried out to exceed customer expectations by demonstrating the behaviours of our client’s core values daily. Drivers are required to lead appropriately by carrying out duties with the upmost professionalism.
Primary Role and Responsibilities of a HGV CE Driver:
- Customer service and quality – Drivers will be responsible for advocating a willingness and agility to change
- Vehicle Safety & Maintenance – Ensuring that thorough daily vehicle checks are carried out at the beginning and end of each day to ensure the safe use of vehicles and reduce the speed of wear and tear through proper vehicle maintenance. Daily defect sheets are to be completed and handed in at the end of your shift, weekly job sheets are also to be completed and handed in.
- Vehicle cleanliness – vehicles must be cleaned and tidied inside and out every day to maintain their reputation and image.
- Job instructions – job sheets will be handed to you for completion, this will have all the specific instructions about the job – they use a PDA system which will inform you of all details.
- Communication – Throughout the day it is necessary to maintain contact and good communication with the office. Where there are issues or assistance is required, drivers are expected to call and speak with the Transport Manager.
- Damage/Complaints – Our client are very serious about minimising the costs of damage and increasing customer satisfaction. Drivers are required under the company procedure to report any damages to the Transport Manager who will liaise with the customer or insurance company directly.
- Transporting goods – Drivers are required to make sure the items load onto the vehicles correctly. You are responsible for loading the vehicle and safely avoid accidental injury by securing and protecting the load by appropriate means of restraint to transport the goods safely.
- Training & Development – Our client will endeavour, where the business requires and necessitates, supporting employees in their training and development. This includes Drivers CPC training and Driving Hours Regulations, WTD, including the lawful use of both Analogue and Digital Tachographs.
- Health & Safety – All training is provided to the crew in relation to risk assessments, fire safety, first aid, manual handling and the correct use of equipment and machinery where appropriate. This is refreshed each year to make sure employees are updated on the latest procedures and legislation. All employees are required to adhere to our client’s health and safety policy and statement, this includes reporting any near miss accidents and vulnerable situations immediately.
- Driving Licence – drivers must ensure that all associated driving accreditations, memberships and licences are renewed on time and evidence of this is provided to the company when requested. Our client will conduct a licence check once every 6 months, all point’s fines and endorsements incurred during employment must be reported to the Transport Manager immediately.
- Vehicle Accident & Procedures – drivers are responsible for ensuring that vehicle accidents and breakdowns are dealt with as per the company manual and handbook.
- Paperwork & Documentation – this needs to be completed accurately, fully and on time.
- Leading by Example – It is imperative that all drivers operate legally, ethically and within the parameters of company rules and procedures.
Our client’s yard has full facilities including wash room and driver’s room with kitchen.
Full training is provided so no experience needed, however full class CE licence is required and valid CPC card.
If you feel you meet the requirements for this role then apply today!