Housing Manager (New Horizons)
15.23 per hour
Great Yarmouth, Norfolk
Permanent, Full Time
Our client in Great Yarmouth are currently hiring a Housing Manager
About the Company:
We are advertising for a company who offer meaningful opportunities to make a difference in the lives of young people. Working with our client is an opportunity to be a part of an organisation which is challenging, innovative, rewarding and fun!
They place young people at the heart of all they do and are committed to building an organisation that is responsive to the needs of young people and stakeholders. By supporting staff and volunteers to develop their talent and ideas, together a difference can be made.
Their New Horizons service is a 24/7 housing provision in Great Yarmouth for 16/17 year olds.
They are seeking an enthusiastic individual with a can do attitude prepared to work on a 24/7 rota to make that difference.
Housing Manager - Job description:
The successful candidate will ensure the effective operational delivery of housing and support services to residents, towards their mission of transforming young lives.
The successful candidate will be required to undertake an Enhanced/Standard DBS check prior to starting employment.
Housing Manager - Essential skills and experience:
- A proven record of housing knowledge and the issues facing homeless young people
- An understanding of needs and risk assessments and knowledge of Safeguarding
- You will need previous experience of line management and the ability to manage and motivate your team
- They would like you to be confident in dealing with problematic behaviour and willing to work unsocial hours
What they offer you:
- Death in service benefit of 2 x annual salary
- Healthshield Health Care Plan
- Health and wellbeing events and activities
- Family friendly policies
- In service training opportunities and bursaries investing in your development
- Annual staff day and staff awards to celebrate successes
- Regular line management and support
- Staff discount at Stepping Stones Café
What to do next:
To join the team, the next step is to apply online. Simply click the apply button and submit your CV.
If you are successful at this first stage you will then be sent by return email, the application pack and full job description.
To be considered for the role you will need to fill in the application form in full and return it as soon as possible.
Closing date for applications: Monday 27 th August at 9am
Our client are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.