Job title: Insurance Repairs Surveyor
Location: London/South East England
Job type: Full time, Permanent
Benefits: Company car, pension, healthcare and other lifestyle benefits
A subsidiary company of our client operates a national repair and reinstatement service through their panel of contractor partners. This company serves a number of clients such as insurers and housing associations, offering services ranging from responsive repairs and 24/7 work to asbestos testing and major contracts.
They are looking for an Insurance Repairs Surveyor to provide technical support to contractors, colleagues and clients within a defined operating region.
Do you have a vast understanding of building construction and hold good commercial awareness? If so, this Insurance Repairs Surveyor position could be for you.
Job description for an Insurance Repairs Surveyor
This role involves reporting to the Technical Repair Performance Director, working in partnership with contractors and colleagues to ensure that repairs are being valued and completed correctly, as well as providing full technical support to the product.
You will carry out compliance and quality of work checks before projects are presented to the financial owner, resolve site issues, work with contractors to ensure performance standards are met, help with resolving financial problems, deal with contractual and guarantee issues as these arise, and assist with product development and training.
Requirements for Insurance Repairs Surveyor
- You will ideally be degree level educated within a building related subject
- Either hold, or be prepared to work towards a CIOB/RICS qualification
- A commercial understanding and experience of construction principles applicable to domestic and commercial projects to a value of £1m
- A Full driving licence
- An understanding of contractual relationships
- Thorough building construction knowledge
- Commercial awareness
- Understand the external influences on the contractor in relation to finance and resourcing
- Knowledge of the relationship between costs and prices
- The ability to manage the need for efficient and effective processes
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to communicate in writing and personally with contractors and colleagues at all levels
- Confidence in producing concise reports
- The ability to plan, organise and determine priorities and targets
- A high level of personal organisation
- IT literate and proficient
- The ability to filter and adapt management information in suitable formats
- Flexibility to travel as and when is required
Please note that due to the nature of this role, the successful candidate will be required to undergo and obtain suitable DBS and Financial Sanctions checks.
Our client is committed to Equal Opportunity and Diversity and aims to ensure that no job applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the ground of race, colour, nationality, religion, ethnic or national origins, age, gender, marital status, sexual orientation or disability.