IT Applications Associate (IT Security)
Permanent, Full Time
Our client in London are currently hiring an IT Applications Associate (IT Security)
About the Company:
We are advertising for a company who are one of the largest claims management and loss adjusting businesses in the world. Their IT team are at the hub of their operations, supporting an infrastructure and delivering software solutions to meet the needs of a fast paced and changing business.
They are constantly evolving and have created an opportunity for a forward thinking IT Applications Associate.
IT Applications Associate (IT Security)—Job description:
This role involves implementing security measures to protect computer systems, network, and data. Associates are expected to be knowledgeable in the latest IT and Information Security intelligence including hacker methodologies, vulnerabilities, and exploits to anticipate security shortfalls.
IT Applications Associate (IT Security) – Key Responsibilities:
- Monitor and administer various IT Security tools and applications.
- Perform analysis of suspected malicious code and other software or programs and provide written or verbal analysis to management.
- Assist IT groups and business units as necessary in troubleshooting compatibility issues between security tools and business or productivity programs.
- Analyzes client and customer needs as required.
- Works closely with management on assigned projects from inception through implementation ensuring adequate internal communication and user involvement is maintained.
- Assist management in investigating IT or cyber-security events and developing resolutions.
- Provides feedback and suggestions to improve IT Security processes and procedures.
- Works closely with project managers to meet and complete project milestones accurately and on time.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Supports the organizations quality program(s).
- Travels as needed.
IT Applications Associate (IT Security) – Essential skills and qualifications:
- Completion of or working towards Bachelor Degree in Management Information Systems or Computer Science.
- Specific knowledge of Oracle databases, PL/SQL, C#/C++/C, Open Source, Korn Shell Script, Perl or Progress 4GL highly preferred.
- Experience using various operating systems.
- Experience using desktop productivity software.
- Basic understanding of network topologies, TCP/IP services or networks, security and access control tools, and encryption technologies and algorithms.
- Knowledge of Informatica and SQL
- Working knowledge of UNIX command line interface
- Effective communication skills, written and verbal.
- Language development courses in a relevant and applicable language and/or business analytical experience preferred.
- Education in interpreting user requirements, business applications design and development of business applications strongly preferred.
Competitive + superb lifestyle benefits you would expect from a global organisation.
Full job description is available upon applying.
Our client are committed to Equal Opportunity and Diversity and aim to ensure that no job applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the ground of race, colour, nationality, religion, ethnic or national origins, age, gender, marital status, sexual orientation or disability.