IT Supervisor (IT Security)
Permanent, Full Time
Our client in London are currently hiring an IT Supervisor (IT Security)
About the Company:
We are advertising for a company who are one of the largest claims management and loss adjusting businesses in the world. Their IT team are at the hub of their operations, supporting an infrastructure and delivering software solutions to meet the needs of a fast paced and changing business.
They are constantly evolving and have created an opportunity for a forward thinking IT Supervisor.
IT Supervisor (IT Security) – Job description:
This role involves implementing security measures to protect computer systems, network, and data. Supervisors are expected to be knowledgeable in the latest IT and Information Security intelligence including hacker methodologies, vulnerabilities, and exploits to anticipate security shortfalls.
IT Supervisor (IT Security) – Responsibilities:
- Oversee monitoring and administration of various IT Security tools and applications.
- Perform analysis of suspected malicious code and other software or programs and provide written or verbal analysis to management.
- Assist IT groups and business units as necessary in troubleshooting compatibility issues between security tools and business or productivity programs.
- Analyse client and customer needs as required.
- Works closely with management on assigned projects from inception through implementation ensuring adequate internal communication and user involvement is maintained.
- Assist management in investigating IT or cyber-security events and developing resolutions.
- Provides feedback and suggestions to improve IT Security processes and procedures.
- Works closely with project managers to meet and complete project milestones accurately and on time.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Support the organizations quality program(s).
- Travels as needed.
IT Supervisor (IT Security) – Essential skills and qualifications:
- CISSP or GSLC Certification.
- Bachelor Degree in Management Information Systems or related field.
- Professional experience in Information Security or related Information Technology field.
- Experience supervising IT workforce personnel.
- Experience in Computer Security Incident Response.
- Experience administering host and network based security applications and tools, e.g., anti-virus, IDS, Firewalls.
- Experience with various network topologies.
- Experience securing operating systems, Windows/Unix/iOS/Android.
- Working knowledge of security methodologies and concepts.
- Must have familiarity with TCP/IP services or networks.
- Familiarity of encryption technologies and algorithms.
- Must possess a strong work ethic.
- Must possess strong communications skills.
- Must possess strong analytic and troubleshooting skills.
- Experience with cloud computing, virtualization and documenting processes and procedures.
- Experience or familiarity with Carbon Black Protection is preferred.
- Experience or familiarity with Symantec Endpoint Protection is preferred.
- Experience or familiarity with digital forensics and malicious code analysis is preferred.
- Master’s Degree in Information Technology Management or related IT field is preferred.
- Familiarity with various Information Technology Security frameworks is preferred.
- C|EH, CISA, GSEC, CISM, GCFE, GCFA certifications is preferred.
Full job description is available upon applying.
Our client are committed to Equal Opportunity and Diversity and aim to ensure that no job applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the ground of race, colour, nationality, religion, ethnic or national origins, age, gender, marital status, sexual orientation or disability.