Mechanical Design Engineer
Salary up to £30k per annum
Our client is well renowned in their field and they currently have an exciting opening for a Mechanical Design Engineer, reporting directly into the Drawing Office Manager.
The preferred candidate must have AutoDesk Inventor experience, knowledge of tooling and machinery and ideally be available for an immediate start.
Job Function and Objectives:
Design efficient tooling and work-holding for new products and to support process improvement activities, working in a cross-functional team with Product Design and Manufacturing Engineering. Assist with the manufacture or sourcing, and implementation of the tooling and work-holding.
Main Duties and Key Features:
- Comply with all company policies and procedures including Health, Safety & Environmental.
- From conception through to prove off plan, design and develop work-holding and tooling solutions in support of both new products and process improvement activities.
- Evaluate designs by computational and hand methods as appropriate.
- Assess safety, quality, cost and ease of maintenance of proposed tooling and work-holding solutions and create appropriate documentation.
- Liaise with suppliers of procured tooling.
- Schedule toolroom workload in cooperation with the Jig & Tool Coordinator and Facilities Supervisor.
- Provide cost estimates for tooling.
- Any other duties that may from time to time be reasonably expected.
- Apprenticeship trained or approaching the completion of an apprenticeship (or equivalent experience)
- HNC or currently completing an HNC in Engineering (or equivalent)
The ability to start immediately is a major positive as this is an urgent position ...