Multi Skilled Maintenance Engineer
Competitive Salary plus benefits
The current shift pattern is:
Week one: 06.00am to 2.00pm
Week two: 2.00pm to 10.00pm
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Multi-skilled Engineer to work in Norwich, predominantly on a double day shift.
Working within a complex engineering environment the Multi-Skilled Engineer will be responsible for providing a responsive engineering service to the Sites Operations Team to ensure high levels of machine availability, efficiency, reliability, safety and quality standards are achieved and improved upon. They will be responsible for providing effective and long term solutions to continuously improve machine reliability.
Other key elements of the role involve:
- Identification and recovery of fault situations on all processing equipment and ancillary devices.
- Monitoring and adjusting equipment and process conditions to ensure that 'right first time' quality is achieved.
- Maximising equipment utilisation by carrying out effective preventative maintenance procedures, timely calibrations, routine safety checks on all processing equipment.
- Promoting an environment of continuous improvement at all times and assisting in process improvement projects.
- Installation and commissioning of new equipment.
Applicants must possess be Apprenticeship trained / HNC qualified in an electrical or mechanical discipline although both mechanical and electrical experience in a manufacturing environment is needed.
The following skills are also required:
- Excellent ability to fault find.
- Fault finding on ac variable speed drives an advantage (Lenze, Sew, Control Techniques, Siemens etc).
- Fault finding on dc drives an advantage (Siemens, ABB, SSD etc)
- Knowledge of Siemens S5, S7 and Allen Bradley plc's.
- Understanding hydraulic systems.
- Understanding pneumatic systems.
- Experience of steam systems an advantage.
- Experience of mechanical drive systems (Power transmission).
- General mechanical repairs.