Network and Telephony Support Engineer
£Competitive salary plus benefits
Full Time, Permanent
Our client is looking for a dedicated Network and Telephony Support Engineer on a full-time permanent contract. Based in their Claims Centre in Glasgow, you will be responsible for supporting their busy teams’ telephony and IT system requirements.
About the company:
We are advertising for a leading global provider of technology-enabled risk, benefits and integrated business solutions with 21,000 colleagues in 65 countries. They provide a broad range of claims services, including household and commercial property, motor and liability, as well as building related services such as building validation, subsidence, surveying and repairs.
They provide tailored risk management solutions for high volume, low value claims, and manage more than 150,000 household, commercial property, motor, liability and real estate claims every year.
Their people are as diverse as their products and services and as varied as their clients. Our client believe individuals from different backgrounds encourage an interesting working environment and creative approach to problem solving, so come and join the team.
Job description – Network and Telephony Support Engineer:
- Responsible for implementation and support of telephony including new system
- Local lifecycle management and capacity planning for telephony infrastructure
- Technical oversight for I.T. and telephony systems management, hardware maintenance and associated applications
- Planning and testing as required for telephony solutions
- Develop and maintain claims centre I.T. and telephony solutions
Key Responsibilities include:
- Deliver technical support to resolve telephony issues and to support the implementation of new solutions, including end-user device support.
- Set up new or moving WAN/LAN connections for users and troubleshoot network/telephony/server issues.
- Installation, configuration and maintenance of PCs, printers, phones and various peripherals
- Phone system administration including call recording and monitoring and maintenance of backup processes
- Create performance reports and provide support for operational teams with report content and call recording retrieval.
- Implement and provide ongoing support of traditional and cloud Enterprise Telephony solutions.
- Document and initiate annual disaster recovery testing requirements.
- Be flexible in providing last minute support in the event of a surge - call routing, RAD messages, desk moves etc.
Desirable Skills and Experience:
- Windows environment knowledge
- Cisco server knowledge
- Practical experience of supporting a multi user site
- Ability to work under pressure
- Strong problem solving and communication skills
- Knowledge of networking, IP, LAN infrastructure
- At least basic knowledge of firewall and cyber security methods and practices
- Comfortable working alone, flexibility i.e. working hours where business needs require it
- Strong people skills and the ability to be resourceful, as well as to make concise, independent and defensible decisions in often high-pressure situations
- Diploma in ICT and Telecommunications Professional
Our client is committed to Equal Opportunity and Diversity and aims to ensure that no job applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the ground of race, colour, nationality, religion, ethnic or national origins, age, gender, marital status, sexual orientation or disability.