Principal Structural Engineer
Salary circa £50k per annum
We are actively seeking a Principal Structural Engineer for a client of ours based in Ipswich. The successful applicant will lead the Structural Engineering Design team, support colleagues to achieve their full potential and manage the team effectively. Whilst also supporting the Head of Profession and Directors, link with other teams within the business in an effective and productive manner.
Principal Structural Engineer - Role Purpose:
- Lead and support the Structural Engineering strategy for the Business.
- Support the development of a Studio Business Plan linked to the company’s Strategic Business Plan.
- Cultivate new business clients and retain existing clients.
- Responsibility with Head of Profession for recruitment to Studio.
Principal Structural Engineer - Key Deliverables:
- Be the authority for Structural Engineering matters.
- Develop and deliver new processes for the team.
- Lead on introducing more efficient and joined up projects and processes.
- Lead conversations with clients for Structural Engineering matters.
- Manage effectively Sub-Contractors and Consultant Partners.
- Have a good knowledge of Legislation, Policies, Good Practice and Guidance and apply this to the Studio and Business.
- Ensuring projects are completed on budget and to schedule.
- Preparing scheme designs with costings programmes for completion of projects and specification of works relevant to RIBA Plan of Works.
- Organising documents for tender and advising on appointing contractors, designers and procurement routes for a project.
- Produce BIM compliant information.
- React and resolve issues which arise during all stages of a project.
The Principal Structural Engineer will have the following attributes:
- You will be an experienced professional with strong organisational and interpersonal skills
- Able to work effectively under pressure
- You will have team management experience and be a leader
- Chartered or near chartered with ICE or I Struct E
- Experienced Engineer with a minimum of 2 years UK experience
- Desirable – experience in valuation, working in a multi-disciplined environment, acquisition
- Good problem solving skills
- A comprehensive knowledge of building regulations with an understanding of planning legislation and health and safety.
To be considered for the Principal Structural Engineer vacancy, please click on the APPLY button !