Quality Control Technician
Competitive hourly rate available
My client is looking for an enthusiastic and experienced Quality Control Technician to join their busy engineering workshop.
Scope of Position:
Reporting directly to the Quality Manager and liaising with the Senior QC Inspector on a daily basis, to ensure the smooth running of the quality department and that departmental targets and delivery schedules are met.
To perform the day to day activities that governs the function of the QA department. Perform measurement of all parts requiring quality checks.
Maintain gauge calibration status within the organisation and assist with statistical studies where required.
- Inspect and maintain records for the following:
- First Offs
- Last Offs
- Final Inspections
- Sub-contractor supplied parts
- In coming Raw Materials
- Other inspections as required.
- Generate DMN’s and follow up on supplier quality issues when necessary.
- Assist in the preparation of sample submissions for PPAP.
- Assist in the conduct of machine / component trials.
- Generate measurement programs for CNC CMM.
- Provide layout results from CMM measurements.
- Prepare layout results for sample submissions.
- Conduct new fixture layout.
- Prepare and maintain fixture use procedure.
- Maintain gauge calibration, tracking and issuance.
- Assist in gauge R&R studies as required.
- 3 years experience in a quality related field or equivalent.
- Ability to translate drawing information into practical terms.
- Be familiar with a verity of inspection measuring equipment, i.e. verniers, micrometers, bore gauges, visual aids, etc.
- Experience of ISO 9001 Quality systems.
- CNC CMM experience, good understanding of co-ordinate systems (Model, world and ‘’on car’’).
- Knowledge of measurement systems and measurement analysis.
- Computer literate.
- Ability to read, write and speak English.