Software Engineer in Test – London – Salary Negotiable – Permanent – (Developer in Test)
Our client is a global leader in data and technology. They are looking for a Software Engineer in Test to join their highly skilled development unit in central London.
If successful you will work closely with the software engineering team to design, build, and test all platform components. Your main responsibility will be to design, implement, and maintain test infrastructure. The ideal candidate must have a strong technical background and prior software development experience. The person will work within a development team collaborating with other teams, devops engineers and product owners to deliver efficient software testing automation solutions.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience working in a 'test development' role.
- Writing Test Code
- Experience writing functional tests (we use Groovy as a scripting language and Katalon)
- Experience working with version control (we use Git)
- Experience of full test lifecycle from working with acceptance criteria through to executing test cases.
- Good understanding of Linux command line and scripting.
- Good understanding of relational databases and SQL.
- In depth knowledge of a programming language (we use Groovy and Python primarily). If you can cross-train into these languages then that is also good.
- Experience of planning, writing and maintaining test suites.
- Knowledge of Selenium or an alternative UI testing framework.
- Working with CI/CD tools e.g. Jenkins, Spinnaker, Artifactory.
- Experience with performance testing tools (Grinder, JMeter) and reliability test tools.
- Experience using Amazon Web Services ecosystem (EC2, EC2 Container Service, S3, etc.)
- Working with Docker for containerisation.
- Experience of building RESTful services (using Flask or similar).
- Hands on experience utilizing the Atlassian suite (JIRA, Confluence, Bitbucket)