£8.25 per hour
Little Common, Bexhill, East Sussex
Full Time or Part Time, Permanent
Full time positions are 36 hours (3x 12 hour shifts).
Our client in Bexhill, East Sussex is currently looking to hire Support Workers.
- Be able and willing to work in Bexhill, East Sussex, England
- Be eligible to work in the UK
About the company:
We are advertising for a company who are an assisted living company based in Eastbourne, Little Common and Ninfield who offer domiciliary care and support services.
Support Worker – Job description:
You will support Service Users in their own homes and in the community through person centred approaches and support them in taking control of their lives and to maximise their inclusion and participation in the community according to their needs, wishes and preferences.
Benefits include a full training and development program including the care certificate, diploma qualifications and opportunities for career progression.
Candidate should be able to work on a rolling rota basis (which includes alternate weekends and sleep in duties).
- Your key responsibilities involve team working, recording and reporting, support giving, safety, active support and key working.
- To support Service Users to access a range of opportunities and experiences, either from their own home or the wider community.
- Support Service Users to manage their medication, including administration where appropriate.
- Support Service Users with food preparation where appropriate.
- Support Service Users to maintain their home to a high standard of cleanliness, ensuring a healthy environment exists at all times.
- Participate in Service Users holidays when required.
- Support Service Users to develop problem solving skills.
- Support Service Users in line with behavioural guidelines.
- Support Service Users to access employment, education and leisure opportunities.
- Respect service User’s privacy, property and choice.
Essential skills and experience:
- Experience of working within the standards laid out in current legislation.
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to build positive relationships.
- Ability to record keeping and reporting.
Desirable skills and experience:
- Previous experience of working with adults with ABI and/or Learning difficulties/challenging behaviour, Autism and epilepsy and/or mental ill health is desirable.
- NVQ / Diploma level 2 in social care or equivalent is desirable.
- A valid UK driving license is desirable.
They expect all employees to:
- Be positive about working for them and to demonstrate this to all the people they come into contact with.
- Work well with all of their colleagues.
- Take responsibility for personal development.