Technical Support Analyst – Wymondham – Permanent – Salary Negotiable
We are working with a software producer based in Wymondham. They require a Technical Support Analyst to provide enterprise-level assistance to their internal customer support teams. You will diagnose and troubleshoot software and hardware problems and work closely with the software development team as new features arise or issues are identified.
You will use email and chat applications to provide timely technical support to other internal departments within the organisation. For more complex problems, you will perform initial triage, diagnosis, replication steps and work closely with development to provide suitable resolutions.
To be qualified for this role, you should have a proven track record in providing technical support, managing expectations and resolving technical issues. Experience with databases (particularly SQL Server) is vital. Any experience with Microsoft technologies, certification, or the Azure cloud environment is a plus.
- Research and identify solutions to software and cloud environment issues
- Diagnose and troubleshoot technical issues, and liaise with development as necessary
- Ask targeted questions to quickly understand the root of the problem
- Talk internal staff, and occasionally customers, through a series of actions, either via phone, email or chat, until they’ve solved a technical issue
- Properly escalate unresolved issues to appropriate internal teams (e.g. software developers)
- Refer to internal database or external resources to provide accurate tech solutions
- Ensure all issues are properly logged
- Prioritize and manage several open issues at one time
- Prepare accurate and timely reports
- Document technical knowledge in the form of notes and manuals
- Proven work experience as a Technical Support Engineer, Desktop Support Engineer, IT Help Desk Technician or similar role
- Hands-on experience with Microsoft SQL Server
- Good understanding of computer systems, mobile devices and other tech products
- Ability to diagnose and troubleshoot technical issues
- Excellent problem-solving and communication skills
- Ability to work productively and collaboratively with a friendly development team
- Ability to provide step-by-step technical help, both written and verbal
- Experience with Microsoft Azure cloud technologies a plus