Uckfield, North Chailey
Temporary, Full Time, could lead to permanent position
Our client is currently looking for a temporary events and prep chef.
About the company:
We are advertising for a company who are a family owned wedding, party and corporate events catering service. They produce the highest quality, bespoke catering for each client’s special event.
Their food experiences are the creation of skilled culinary technique combined with the professionalism required to deliver high service standard for every unique event.
Temp Chef – Job description:
This role involves working with the head chef and others to successfully deliver the highest possible standards of food and service to clients at all times. You will be cooking with local produce and all elements are made from scratch.
- Flexible hours 6, 8 or 12 hr shifts
- Average start is 9 or 10am until 5 or 6 or later
- Double shifts on weekends but not essential
- Preparing and cooking fresh meals at a high standard
- Develop recipes and determine how to present the food
- Monitor sanitation practices and follow kitchen safety standards
- Acts with appropriate caution in a dangerous environment where there are knives and high-temperature surfaces
Chef – Essential skills:
- Strong organisational skills
- Good communicational skills when dealing with other members of staff
- Team player
- A range of cooking abilities
- Ability to work under pressure
Our client will accommodate anyone who has basic kitchen/food training. You will learn a lot and this role could lead to a permanent position.